Stevens House will be open this Summer,
starting on Memorial Day
Exciting things are being planned for 2018!
Check back for schedules of regular tours and special events
Past Events have included:
- Memorial Day: - our season opener and the Annual Founders' Fest: Master Story teller Larry Johnson will present “Gerda Pulls Harder Than the Horses", the story of how the children of Minneapolis saved Stevens House and out City's history; vintage games for children & adults. Prizes for kids!
Sunday, June 7, 2:00 to 3:30, A One Mile Walk: About the human and natualhistory of Minnehaha Falls. Led by historian and naturalist Duke Addicks.
Sunday, July 12, 2:00 to 3:30, From Conch Shell Trumpet to Highland Bagpipes: Ten thousand years of music at Minnehaha Falls. Played and talked by street musician Duke Addicks.
- Sunday, July 19, 2 pm, Native Plants and Early Medicines: Descended from a Canadian doctor who first studied the use of plants as medicines by the Indians, Master Gardener, Jerry Foley, talks about his Native Plant Garden at Stevens House and demonstrates how Settlers and Indians used native plants as medicines.
- Sunday, August 9, 2:00 to 3:30, The Young and the Restless: Ten young Euro-American men who explored the area of Minnehaha falls during the 17th to the 19th centuries. Told by Duke Addicks, who in his youth lived beside Minnehaha Creek.
- Sunday, September 6, 2:00 into the evening, Drumming in the Autumn: A drum circle for everyone. Led by Duke Addicks who will tell some of the legends and lore surrounding the drum. (bring your drum, another drum if you are willing to share, or we may have a few extras for the drumless)
- Monday, September 7, Labor Day: Season ends, final day of schduled tours.